We offer a range of opportunities to support you in developing digital skills including:
- Essential digital skills qualifications (EDSQ) at Entry Level & Level 1
- Functional skills qualifications from Entry level – L1
- Full-time boot camps (two days per week over three weeks)
- Part-time day and evening classes
- Personalised support with mobile phones and digital devices
Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQ’s) & Digital Functional Skills
If you don’t hold a level 2 or GCSE grade 4 (grade C) in digital skills or ICT we can help you develop core digital skills for learning, employment and life.
We provide a range of courses, free of charge, throughout the borough to help you master technology.
Courses are available from first steps into using technology through to level 2 qualifications at venues throughout the area and you can choose to study full-time or part-time, daytime or evening.
Digital Outreach Project (DOP)
The Digital Outreach Project provides more personal support. Working with you to identify your personal needs and goals, we can deliver tailored workshops and sessions to help you build day-to-day digital confidence. DOP sessions are friendly, judgment-free, and typically delivered to small groups of 3-4 people which allows your tutor to work at your pace.
Completely free of charge, we deliver sessions at venues across North Tyneside and subject to availability we can deliver sessions virtually. Sessions cover a range of digital skills including (but not limited to):
- Learning how to get the most out of your devices
- Gaining confidence with computer programs commonly used in the workplace
- Accessing the internet safely and avoid online scams
Microbytes training courses
MicroBytes are a new series of training courses, which are focused at a more advanced level 2, free for all, that will help you to master Microsoft applications.
Short courses across multiple venues and start dates are now available to get to grips with:
- Word processing in Word
- Spreadsheets in Excel
- Presentations in PowerPoint