To see our list of Health, Care & Education courses including day, time & location please click here.
Health and Social Care Sector Based Work Academy Programme
This is a 4 week full time SWAP running at our Health and Social Care Academy within the YMCA in North Shields. Learners will complete the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (with links to the care certificate), which provides an ideal taster for learners who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. As part of their qualification learners will be introduced to knowledge around the following areas relating to working in adult social care. (Role of the Social Care Worker / Personal Development / Person Centred Approaches / Equality, Diversity & Inclusion / Communication / Safeguarding & Protection / Duty of Care / Handling Information & Confidentiality / Health & Safety including Manual Handling; Risk assessment; Fire Safety; COSHH).
Learners will also complete some additional training including:
- North Tyneside Council Adult Safeguarding Training
- North Tyneside Council Infection Control and use of PPE (donning and doffing PPE procedures)
- Accredited Food Safety qualification.
- Fire Safety Training
- Employment Skills – Job Search Skills / CV building / Interview Preparation
- DBS will be funded by North Tyneside Council.
We aim to support this work experience element virtually in the interim.
- Throughout the delivery there are case studies and scenarios to complete that reflect real situations candidates would encounter at work.
- There are video links to explore different job roles and practical activities relating to care and support.
- Opportunity for virtual Q&A sessions with the employers we are working with / virtual tour.
- Day in the life of a care worker / support worker included.
- PPE demonstration and assessment on donning and doffing PPE and PPE provided for this.
- Some practical training also included for manual handling.
Careers introduction -health & social care
- Level 1 – one-week full-time programme introducing learners to careers and opportunities across the health and social care sector including introduction with employers & application & interview skills support.