Life skills courses (ALDD Programmes)
Our life skills programme aims to:
- support independence and empowerment
- enhance volunteering opportunities
- develop communication skills
- develop decision making and problem-solving skills
- engage with and participate in the community
- have the opportunity to maintain physical and mental wellbeing
- develop maths and English skills
- gain confidence to make friends and develop social skills
- acquire skills which have a positive impact on their everyday life
Each term a range of themed opportunities are available to select in areas such as cookery, drama, handicraft, art, design, floristry. Our dedicated tutors and learning support volunteers provide a personalised learning journey for every student that is varied, challenging and fun. All we ask from you is commitment.
For further course information please click here.
Our full Life Skills offer can be found here.
Ignite Your Potential
This specialist programme has been designed to support young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) to prepare for adulthood offering progressive skills development in areas including:
- Independent living
- Community inclusion and employment
- a foundation of English, maths and digital skills.
This programme is specifically developed for young adults aged 16-24 years old who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
We offer a supported pathway to enable each individual to explore what independence means to them, developing life and work skills as appropriate to support their transition into adulthood. Students learn to take an active part in their local community, access fitness and wellbeing activities and engage in volunteering and real work placements developing the skills to live and work independently
Building on individual goals and areas of interest, tutors and learning coaches work in stages with learners gradually building the knowledge
and skills to get the most benefit from their community activities and work placement.
As learners prepare to exit the programme, they are supported in planning for a positive transition appropriate to their goals and interests including to opportunities such as:
- Work-related training
- NHS Project Choice Internships
- Full-time or part-time employment