Employment and Skills are delighted to announce a new Sector Based Work Academy (SWAP) in the Health and Social Care industry!
The Social Care Academy is a programme for adults aged 18+ who are eligible to take part in employment programmes, or those undergoing a career change and who want to learn more about working in health and social care. It will introduce the participants to some basic concepts of caring and help them to prepare for employment in the social care sector.
This is a 4-week programme which includes NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care qualification: Level 2 Food Safety and Local Authority Safeguarding training.
It is an ideal taster for learners who may be new to the sector with topics included: –
- Role of the Social Care Worker
- Personal Development
- Person Centred Approaches
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Safeguarding & Protection
- Duty of Care
- Handling Information & Confidentiality
- Health & Safety including Manual Handling; Risk assessment; Fire Safety; COSHH)
Benefits to learners
- Individualised tutorial and one-to-one sessions with tutor to support.
- L2 qualification giving you some knowledge of working in social care sector.
- Links to local employers in the sector and opportunity for virtual tour / meeting.
- Support with CV and application writing.
- Practice Interview techniques
- Guaranteed interview with a local employer.
- Additional training to give you employment edge.
- Access to dedicated tutor with experience of working in the sector.
- Real working scenarios and case studies giving you a sense of the roles in social care sector.
- Access to video / training materials and online training sessions with tutor.
Benefits to employers
- Candidates will have L2 NCFE / CACHE recognised qualification which links to elements of the Care Certificate.
- Qualification can be recognised as pre-apprenticeship training for the L2 Adult Social Care Worker. (knowledge elements).
- Candidates will have DBS checks done with North Tyneside Council.
- Candidates will complete North Tyneside Council approved Safeguarding training.
- L2 Food Safety Certificate funded by NT council.
- Candidate will have completed infection control training and donning and doffing PPE procedures.
For further information contact:
Jude Conlon – Course Tutor email@example.com
Gemma Williams – Programme Manager firstname.lastname@example.org