Business Administrator Apprenticeship
In order to enrol on this apprenticeship, you must be in paid employment in a Business Administration role, which allows you the opportunity to meet the full requirements of the Level 3 Apprenticeship. Your administrative role must allow you to develop, implement, maintain and improve administrative services and you will also be required to plan and manage a project during your apprenticeship. To qualify for entry onto this Apprenticeship you will already hold 5 good GCSE’s including Maths and English or an equivalent Level 2.
You will be assessed before starting the programme to make sure you have the correct enrolment requirements.
To apply for an apprenticeship, visit the following site:
You will learn knowledge, behaviours and skills through blended learning remote group training sessions, digital learning and tutorials carried out in the workplace.
- With coaching and support from your employer and your tutor, you will apply the knowledge, behaviours and skills to your organisation’s standards and to your specific administrative role to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship.
- You will require an allocation of 20% off the job training time to enable you to complete coursework and assignments.
- At the 12 – 15 months stage of your 18 month programme you will be prepared for the apprenticeship Gateway and End Point Assessment. This will involve an intensive period of study, revision and tutorials with your assigned tutor.
- To complete your apprenticeship, you will be required to support functional areas, work across teams and resolve issues as requested. You will be required to manage stakeholders, organise meetings and events and write business correspondence and understand financial processes, record and analyse data and create business documents.
- As part of your end point assessment, you will have managed a project to implement changes and have demonstrated responsibility, flexibility, and reasoning to make decisions appropriate to your level of authority.
Your knowledge, skills and behaviours will be assessed at the end of your apprenticeship, by a multiple-choice exam, a portfolio-based interview and a presentation during which you will answer questions about the project you have completed.
You will be working in a business environment, receiving on the job training in the workplace and will attend remotely delivered monthly training sessions in Business Administration. You will be using digital learning materials and will be required to complete tasks and upload these to your e-portfolio, during allocated off the job training. This training will all be during your contracted hours of work.
What else do I need to know?
The course will extend your knowledge, skills and abilities, which in turn will enhance your career prospects enabling you to be a valuable part of any business. All training materials will be provided at the training centre.
You could move on to an Associate Project Manager or Team Leader apprenticeship.