Careers Intro – Engineering and Manufacturing
For more information please speak to your contact at N.T.C. Adult Learning Service, Employment & Skills.
*fee may be applicable if not in receipt of eligble state benefit.
On this 5-day course you will gain a greater awareness around the qualities, attitudes and behaviours needed to work within this sector.
You will develop and enhance your personal communication skills in addition to working effectively as part of a team.
This bespoke course will cover:
• Customer Service skills including exceeding customer expectations
• The job opportunities
• Effective communication skills
• Identifying and improving your skills, attributes and transferable skills and how to apply these to your chosen role
• Increasing your confidence at interview
• Awareness and confidence building techniques in all types of interviews and assessment processes you may encounter
• Learning how to research the NHS and study your chosen job specification
• Awareness of Data Protection, Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding at work
You will take units of an employability qualification as part of this course.
It is essential that you have no appointments during the 5 days of training as 100% attendance is expected by the employer. Should you be successful and gain employment there are various flexible shift patterns available depending on the selected role.
You are expected to arrive promptly and attend the full 5 days of your course.
Start Time: 9:00am
Finish Time: 3:30pm
The opportunity to complete a Distance Learning Level 2 Customer Service qualification. You might also like to study on an English, Maths or ICT course that leads to an employer recognised qualification.
Information regarding all courses provided by the Adult Learning Service will be available throughout the programme. For further information please contact our service on 0191 643 2288.
Course Start Date(s)Various
Course Length5 days