You must attend a Childminder Briefing session before attending this course and have attended the Introduction session. You must also have completed and returned the Initial Assessment form. Please read the ‘What else do I need to know?’ section below
This qualification prepares you to set up as a registered childminder.
You will learn about:
- Current relevant legislation
- How to establish a safe and healthy environment for children
- How to support the safeguarding and welfare of children
- How day to day care routines promote children’s well-being
- How to work in partnership with parents and others to support children
- Children’s learning and behaviour in relation to their development
- The value of play
- The role of observation
- How to lead and manage a home-based childcare setting
- How to comply with financial and taxation requirements when setting up your business
- How to create a business plan
- How to register with Ofsted
What else do I need to know?
You need to attend a briefing session prior to this course. Please contact Susan.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information This session will prepare you for the qualification and registration with Ofsted. You will also have to obtain a Paediatric First Aid certificate before you can register as a childminder.
Although it does not provide direct progression, the subjects covered make a useful introduction to Early Years Educator qualifications. You must also have a Paediatric First Aid certificate before registration as a childminder.
Course Start Date(s)Various
Course Length15 Weeks