In order to enrol on this apprenticeship, you must be in paid employment which allows you to take on a coaching role, which gives you the opportunity to meet the full requirements of the Level 5 Apprenticeship. Your role must allow you to coach colleagues, quality assure your own role in the organisation, further a coaching culture in your organisation and work alongside HR or the development team embedding coaching skills as a management style. To qualify for entry onto this apprenticeship you will already hold GCSE English and Maths, A levels or equivalent Level 3 vocational qualifications.
You will be assessed before starting the course to ensure the apprenticeship is right for you.
You will learn knowledge, skills and behaviours through blended learning, consisting of group training sessions, digital learning and tutorials carried out in the workplace.
- With coaching and support from your employer and your tutor, you will apply the knowledge, behaviours and skills to your organisation’s standards and to your specific role to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship.
- You will require an allocation of 20% off the job training time to enable you to complete coursework and assignments.
- You will develop knowledge about theories of learning, diversity and inclusion and bias theory, methods of communication, evaluate return on investment and review a range of coaching models.
- You will be expected to demonstrate coaching skills in your workplace and gather evidence of these.
- At the 14-month stage of your programme you will be prepared for the apprenticeship Gateway and End Point Assessment. This will involve an intensive period of study, revision and tutorials with your assigned tutor.
- As part of your end point assessment, you will undergo an observation, take part in an interview and complete a knowledge test.
Your knowledge, skills and behaviours will be assessed at the end of your apprenticeship, through observation, interview with questions and a knowledge test.
The Higher Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Coaching completed within 18 months so you must be employed for this time.
You will be working in a coaching environment, receiving on the job coaching and training in the workplace and will participate in remote fortnightly training sessions in Professional Coaching. You will be using digital learning materials and will be required to complete tasks and upload these to your e-portfolio, during allocated off the job training. This training will all be during your contracted hours of work. Your tutor will visit you in the workplace to carry out assessments and evaluations of your skills.
What else do I need to know?
The course will extend your knowledge, skills and abilities, which in turn will enhance your career prospects enabling you to be a valuable part of any business. All training materials will be provided at the training centre.
You could consider Operational Management apprenticeship.