Counselling Skills Diploma Level 3
Learners enrolling on this course must:
• Have completed the Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2 or the Award in Helping Skills Level 2
• Attended the Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory Level 3 Advice and Guidance Session
The course may be held virtually dependant on the local or national restrictions at the time.
This qualification is for people interested in using Counselling Skills in their main work role in a wide range of sectors, or for those hoping to continue their studies to achieve accredited counsellor status with one of the accrediting professional bodies.
The units cover:
• Developing Counselling skills
• Theoretical approaches in the use of Counselling skills
• Working ethically and inclusively with Counselling skills
• Using Counselling skills in a range of contexts
• Counselling skills in personal development
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
Your online portfolio of work is the only assessment requirement of the course.Your tutor will guide you during this time. The course will most likely be delivered via blended learning due to the current local and national restrictions. This model consists of a mixture of online lessons and traditional classroom-based sessions.
It is a requirement that you attend 90% of the taught sessions (including online) to ensure you have the best chance of achieving the accreditation. Please think carefully before enrolling on this course if you have work commitments that may interfere with your attendance.
Attainment of this Level 3 qualification provides a route to the Foundation Degree in Counselling after which you may seek British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accreditation as a fully qualified Counsellor.
You could also consider some of our Distance Learning courses.
Course Start Date(s)September 2021
Course Length28 weeks