Digital Champions Volunteering
This course is suitable for someone looking to volunteer and support our communities of North Tyneside with day-to-day digital skills. We are looking for people with good digital knowledge and excellent communication skills to help build confidence in digital skills for work and life.
Training includes: Digital Skills, Delivery Techniques, Safeguarding, Prevent, Equality & Diversity, Council Values, E-safety, Information Security and GDPR.
You can learn how to support people with:
• Setting up your device (connecting to secure WIFI, system logins)
• Understanding Digital Terminology
• Staying Safe Online
• Going Digital (Online Services)
• Navigating the Internet
• On Demand Services
• Social Media
• Stay Connected (accessing and participating in video calls/conversations)
• Communication (Email/ Teams/ Google)
• Storing data and saving files (internal and working remotely)
• Basics use of Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
This course is non-accredited, which means that you will not complete any assessments.
If you would like more advice on what courses we have to offer, please speak to your tutor who will be able to advise you on what courses are available to suit your needs.