Digital Skills for Employment (JCP)
To study this course, you must have basic communication skills i.e. are able to read and write English at Entry Level 3 minimum.
The course is suitable for both young people and mature learners who are either complete beginners or who already have a little experience in using a computer. This course will support anyone who requires basic computer skills to get back into work.
Please note that this course uses Windows 10 and Office 2019.
You will be recognised for your achievement of a wide range of practical ICT skills that will aid in job searching and that will be useful in any modern working environment requiring basic Levels of ICT skill. The qualification is also suitable for those preparing to progress their skills to Level 1 CLAiT (Computer Literacy and Information Technology) or Functional Skills ICT Level 1.
You will have a choice of three different beginners’ Levels, Entry Level 1, 2 or 3, and the
appropriate Level will be identified on your first session with your tutor. Each level consolidates
and builds on your existing skills.
• Become more confident in entering the digital world
• Learn how to access and update your Universal Credit or Find a Job account
• Learn how to use Microsoft Word in a business environment to create a professional looking document such as a letter or CV
• Learn how to save and print documents
• Learn how to use the Internet for work-related activity
• Learn how to use e-mail to create a new message or reply to a received message
• Learn about business-style email etiquette
• Learn through guided tuition and demonstrations as well as working on individual tasks and working in teams
• Gain a qualification in ICT (nationally recognised by employers).
There will be plenty of individual support offered throughout.
Awarding Body: OCR
OCR assignments are used to assess you for the Entry Level qualifications and are completed during your normal class time. Assessment will take place towards the end of the course when you have developed your skills. You will be allowed to refer to your notes and help sheets throughout the assessment, and you can also have some guidance from your tutor.
Total course takes place over 3 full days per week, for 3 weeks, so 9 days in total.
You will attend Wednesday to Friday, from 9.30am – 3.30pm.
This course has three different Entry Levels. If you want to move through them all please speak to your tutor, or you may wish to move onto a CLAiT Certificate at Level 1 or an English or Maths course with the Adult Learning Service.
For further information please contact our service on 0191 643 2288 or speak to your work coach.