What the Workplace Wants
For more information or to enrol please speak to you Work Coach who can arrange an appointment at your local Job Centre with an Adult Learning Service Advisor.
Your journey into work will need preparation to be successful.
This 3-hour workshop has a relaxed atmosphere and will improve your self-confidence to be able to recognise your strengths whilst recognising employer requirements.
It will help you:
- Identify your skills, attributes and transferable skills
- Explore roles and responsibilities in the workplace
- Understand the importance of teamwork.
- Identify and discuss relevant legal requirements
- Explore and discuss different scenarios to link workplace responsibilities
- Identify examples to improve working relationships
You may be required to use basic IT skills.
Some reading, writing is necessary to explore the subject fully. It is very important that you declare at enrolment if you suffer from any learning difficulty or disability so that relevant support may be provided by tutors.
Please bring along any relevant information requested which will help your session e.g., access to you CV online, access to job advertisement/job description, etc. This must include your username and passwords to any job sites emails etc.
You are expected to arrive promptly and attend the full 3 hours of your course.
Your tutor will discuss any appropriate courses which may be available to assist with your progression route.
Information on all courses is available via the Adult Learning Service, just speak to your tutor or contact our service on 0191 643 2288.