Fast Track Teaching Assistant Certificate Level 2
- Have attended an Advice, Guidance and Interview session
- Have a placement at a school or college of at least one day a week, working with children/young people aged five or over for the start of the course.
- Have the agreement of the school or college to help you collect the evidence you need for assessment (see below)
- • Have a current DBS (we can support you with this).
You will develop an understanding of and demonstrate competence in the teaching assistant’s role of supporting the teacher in relation to pupil learning, especially literacy and numeracy skills.
This will include:
- Child development
- Pupil learning
- The legal and national requirements of equal opportunities, special educational needs, health and safety and safeguarding procedures.
Included within this qualification is an Award in Personal and Social Development. You will gather evidence for this as you build your portfolio of evidence (see below).
You will complete an E-Portfolio of evidence which will hold all assessments completed. You will be assessed using a variety of methods, such as:
- Observations of you working with children or young people
- Reflective accounts
- Professional discussion
- And many more.
It is expected that you will spend around twelve hours a week including school placement, workshops and independent work from home. You will need the support and approval of your workplace. As this is a fast track course you will be expected to submit weekly assignments which will ensure that you complete the course within the six months.
What else do I need to know?
Your tutor will provide guidance on the E-portfolio system and will support you in uploading evidence that will demonstrate your competence in school or college. Using an E-portfolio enables you to submit work and to see feedback from your tutor whenever it is convenient for you
You will be able to move onto the Diploma in Specialist Support in Schools Level 3. You may also want to consider some of our distance learning courses.
Course Start Date(s)January 2021
Course Length20 Weeks