Learners wishing to enrol on this course should be able to work independently and have good communication, written and ICT skills.
This course provides an Introduction to Food Safety and will benefit anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served.
There are eight key areas of learning:
• The Law and Food Safety Management System
• Food Safety Hazards including Food Poisoning
• Refrigeration, Chilling and Cold Holding of Food
• Cooking, Hot Holding and Reheating Food
• Food Handling and Cross Contamination
• Principles of Safe Food Storage
• Food Premises and Equipment
The course book is included in the course fee.
Awarding Body: Highfield
Short multiple-choice exam consisting of 20 questions, must be taken at the end of the course. Pass rate is over 12 correct answers.
One day course
09.00 – 18.00
You will be expected to attend for the full day and complete the exam.
City and Guilds Level 1 Hospitality and Catering Course for 6 weeks, including 3 weeks work placement as a catering assistant at the YMCA Café and Kitchen.