Get Into Schools
Get into Social Schools is open to anyone who is unemployed over the age of 18 and is looking to work in School setting.
This course is appropriate for those looking to explore the various roles schools have to offer, including, teaching assistants, lunch time supervisors, catering, caretaker, and administrative roles.
This course is designed to act as an introduction and enable learners to develop the knowledge and understanding required to work within a school setting.
- It aims to introduce some basic concepts of working and preparation for employment in a school setting.
- Candidate will develop job search skills and explore a variety of job roles locally to identify the right opportunity (full-time & part-time roles available).
- Training is linked to the fundamental aspects of working in a school, such as, safeguarding, how schools run, communication, teamwork, and supporting educational aspiration.
- Industry experts will visit the classroom to discuss ‘a day in the life of’ and you will have opportunity to ask them questions.
- Support will be given to complete online applications, prepare for interview and secure employment / further vocational training or apprenticeship in a school setting.
This course will help jobseekers identify and improve their skills, attributes, and transferable skills, specifically applying these to a school setting. Increasing their awareness and confidence building techniques in all types of interviews and assessment processes they may encounter.
Although there are no formal entry requirements, we want to ensure that you receive the right level of support for your course and ensure you can discuss any concerns or learning needs.
The structure of this course includes classroom-based teaching and practical demonstration of skills.
Access to PC / Laptop or tablet will be required and is provided at the YMCA, but candidates are able to bring their own laptop / tablet if they prefer.
Learners who are successful on this course could chose further learning as part of CPD such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding
- Level 2 Certificate in Business Administration
- Get into Hospitality/Catering