Health and Social Care Sector Based Work Academy
The Health and Social Care Sector Based Work Academy (SWAP) is for anyone in receipt of Universal Credit and has an interest in working in the Health and Social Care sector. You must be referred by your work coach and attend an induction session prior to the course starting.
The Sector Based Work Academy provides an ideal taster for those who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector. This is a 4-week, full time programme.
Learners will study:
• NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Accredited Level 2 Food Safety
• Complete North Tyneside Local Authority Safeguarding Training
• Learners will complete an enhanced DBS check
• Learners will receive support with CV and application writing as well as taking part in a guaranteed interview with a local health and social care provider.
Awarding body: NCFE/CACHE
During the 4 weeks on programme, you will build a portfolio of evidence that meets all learning outcomes of the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care qualification.
You will also engage in one full day of Food Safety Training.
All candidates will be invited to apply and interview with one of our local Health and Social Care providers.
4 weeks – Full Time
You must attend the Induction session before enrolling on to this course. You will be required to attend all sessions of the Sector Based Work Academy. Regular tutorials are also in pace to provide additional support.
All candidates are encouraged to apply and interview with one of our local Health and Social Care providers.
You may also want to consider one of our Distance Learning courses to develop your knowledge further:
• Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and PREVENT
• Level 2 Certificate in End of Life Care
• Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
• Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
• Level 2 Certificate in Autism Awareness
• Level 2 Certificate in Dementia Care
Course Start Date(s)Various
Course Length4 weeks