How To Repair Your PC
In order to enrol on this course, you must have a basic grasp of English and Maths. You must be able to use a screwdriver and similar type tools.
This course is for individuals who want to learn how to do very basic PC repairs gaining greater control over your computer.
You will cover:
• How to diagnose simple computer faults (hardware and software)
• How to carry out simple upgrades
• How to keep your computer secure
• How to defend your machine against worms and malware
• How to recognise computer components and buy with confidence
• How to manage and configure Windows (and other operating systems)
Students need to supply a medium-sized Philips screwdriver. The course is project based and all software used on the course is Freeware.
Your tutor will discuss the progression opportunities with you.
Course Start Date(s)September 2021
Course Length10 weeks