Introduction to Digital Skills (Entry level)
This course is suitable for learners who are either complete beginners or who already have a little experience in using a computer. This course will support anyone who requires basic computer skills to search online for jobs, create and upload a CV online, and use email basics to get back into the world of work. During the course you will be supported in basic computer skills to search online for jobs, create and upload a CV online, and use email basics to get back into the world of work. Please note that to meet enrolment criteria, you must have basic communication skills i.e. are able to read and write English at Entry Level 3 minimum.
You will gain a wide range of practical ICT skills that will aid in job searching and that will be useful in any modern working environment requiring basic levels of ICT skill. The course is also suitable for those preparing to progress their skills to Entry Level 3 Essential Digital Skills or Digital Functional Skills ICT Entry Level 3.
You will complete a simple initial assessment on your first session with your tutor.
- Become more confident in entering and navigating the digital world
- Learn how to use Microsoft Word in a business environment to create a professional-looking document such as a letter or CV
- Learn how to save and print documents
- Learn how to use the Internet for work-related activity
- Learn how to use e-mail to create a new message or reply to a received message and learn about business-style email etiquette
- Learn through guided tuition and demonstrations as well as working on individual tasks and working in teams
Please be aware that you will need to provide your own refreshments and lunch during this course and that there might not always be catering services available at your venue.
It is beneficial to make notes, so a pen and paper are helpful.
Please note that this course uses Windows 10 and Office 2019.
There are no exams on this course, but you will create a portfolio of work completed. There will be plenty of individual support offered throughout the course to help you build on your skills.
2 full days per week, for 3 weeks – Thursday and Friday, from 9.30am – 3.30pm.
3 hours per week for 38 weeks.
It is a requirement that you attend 100% of the course.
At the end of your course you may wish to move onto Essential Digital Skills (EDSQ) at Entry Level 3.
For further information please contact our service on 0191 643 2288.