Level 1 Certificate in Digital Skills
This course is designed to help support your development with Digital Skills encouraging progression into roles where digital literacy and confidence is required. This is a Distance Learning course based online however you must attend an induction session before you can begin your studies.
Your course may be free or discounted depending on your circumstances.
Please find out more.
By completing this course learners will be able to:
• Find and use information
• Safety and security when using data and digital devices
• Communicating and collaborating online
• Using work processing software
• Using a computer
• Digital career development
The course aims to enable you to apply Digital Skills confidently in personal and business situations to create basic text and documents as well as communicate socially and professionally whilst maintaining safety and security.
Awarding Body: NCFE
This course is delivered via Distance Learning. You will be shown during the induction how to access your personal learning and assessment account which will contain high quality, online course materials for this study programme. Designed to enable you to learn independently and develop your digital skills, this tool will also be the place where you complete and submit your assessments. You will also be allocated a dedicated tutor who will assess your work providing feedback and you can contact to guide and support you throughout your studies.
This is a home learning programme, but you must attend the induction session. If you require additional support tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
You could progress onto other Distance Learning programmes such as:
• Level 2 Certificate in Business Administration
• Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading
• Level 2 Digital Skills for Work
Pathways to employment qualifications such as:
• Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment (including CSCS)
• Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
Course Start Date(s)Monthly
Course Length20 weeks