Level 2 Certificate in Event Planning
There are no entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level 2 in numeracy and literacy or equivalent. The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop knowledge and understanding of planning and running an event. It may be useful as an introduction for those who wish to pursue a career as an event planner or for those working in or preparing for a wide range of job roles in diverse sectors which require them to plan and organise events as part of their responsibilities. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the hospitality and customer service sectors
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
This is a Distance Learning course however you must attend an induction session before you can begin your studies.
Please note that whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
Your course may be free or discounted depending on your circumstances.
Please find out more.
The objective of this qualification is to introduce learners to the skills that are required to plan, organise and evaluate events by developing their knowledge and understanding. Areas covered include marketing methods and resources, market research, human resources, communication and customer service relevant to events.
This course is split into five units, which are then split into several sections:
Unit 1: Planning an event
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events.
This is a Distance Learning programme, but you must attend the induction session. If you require additional support, tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
You could progress onto other Distance Learning programmes such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations
- Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles for Digital Skills in Employment
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Course Start Date(s)Various
Course Length8 Weeks