Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention (Blended Learning)
The initial assessment/enrolment and awareness session is an opportunity to find out more about this course and study method and to ascertain if this is the right course and right level for you.
Although there are no formal entry requirements, we want to ensure that you receive the right level of support for your course and ensure you can discuss any concerns or learning needs.
The structure of this course includes classroom-based teaching as well as eportfolio assessment and online tools to support learning and assessment.
Access to PC / laptop or tablet will be required.
Classroom-based sessions x5 YMCA Conference Room North Shields
Following these classroom-based sessions, you will have 10-14 days to complete the online assessment for each unit.
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention, which will allow them to progress into or within employment in healthcare or social care settings.
The objective of the qualification is to allow learners to gain knowledge and understanding of:
- The impact and consequences of a fall
- Risks and hazards which contribute to falls
- Reducing the risk of falls
- The qualification also covers the importance of recording and reporting any incidence of falls to ensure that interventions can be put in place to reduce the risk and reoccurrence of falls
- This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly those that support or have contact with older people who have an increased propensity to falls
Falls Prevention is a Level 2 qualification, so a good standard of literacy is required.
Course is blended learning with a mixture of classroom-based learning and use of e-portfolio system, so learners need access to computer, laptop or tablet.
Open to learners 19+
Awarding body: NCFE
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness has four mandatory units which must be achieved.
- Unit 01: Falls in context.
- Unit 02: The risk factors and causes of falls.
- Unit 03: Falls assessment and prevention.
- Unit 04: Managing falls.
Knowledge-based assessment to be completed via e-portfolio system.
Awareness session / Initial Assessment
Starts on 19 September 2023
x1 Initial assessment/enrolment and awareness session followed by x5 sessions spread over 9 weeks of course duration. (YMCA)
Tuesdays 9:30am – 12:30pm
Learners who achieve this qualification could chose further learning as part of CPD such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity & Safeguarding in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding & Prevent
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End-of-Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management.