Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (Blended Learning)
To achieve the L2 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care, you must complete all of the 9 mandatory units:
- Understand the role of the social care worker
- Understand principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care
- Understand principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Understand principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Understand principles of safeguarding in adult social care settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health and social care
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
- Understand health and safety in health in social care settings
Knowledge-based assessment to be completed via e-portfolio system.
The L2 Preparing to Work in adult social care is an ideal taster for those who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
The qualification covers the areas of communication, equality, diversity and inclusion, personal development, role of the social care worker, handling information, health and safety, safeguarding, duty of care and person-centred approaches.
The Level 2 Preparing to work in adult social care is for anyone interested in a career in social care sector.
The blended learning option is a natural progression opportunity for those who have complete the introductory Get into Care 1 week course.
Attendance at YMCA is North Shields is required on various dates available from September 2023. If not able to attend sessions, then this qualification is available on our distance learning offer too.
A good standard of literacy is required to complete this course at level 2.
Awarding body: NCFE / CACHE
This is a blended learning course and sessions are held at the YMCA in North Shields. The programme operates on a roll on roll off basis so contact the course tutor Jude Conlon for information on intakes.
You will receive your own study pack which comprise a set of high-quality knowledge workbooks and regular sessions face to face for each unit of the qualification.
Assessment is online (e-assessor) here you will document your evidence.
Blended learning available from September 2023
You will attend a series of sessions over a 12 week period.
10am – 2pm @YMCA, North Shields.
Please contact tutor for intake dates available from September 2023.
If not able to attend sessions at YMCA, the qualification is available on distance learning.
You could progress onto other Distance Learning programmes such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Autism Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and PREVENT
- Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention
- Level 2 Certificate in Care Planning
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care