Being able to manage a team effectively is critical in the current job market, where employee productivity and team outcomes are closely monitored. Learners should be seeking to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of effective Team Leadership in a range of contexts.
This is a home learning course, to support you to develop your knowledge and understanding at your own pace and in your own environment. You must attend an induction session before you can begin your studies.
Strong Team Leadership is essential for providing guidance, direction and instruction within a group and inevitably lead to more effective teamwork and more motivated employees. It is a highly sought-after skill for many employers particularly to support career progression and development.
During the course you will study:
• Principles of Team Leading
• Understanding business
• Understanding how to communicate work-related information
You will also have the option to choose five of the below topics to personalise your qualification:
• Introduction to coaching
• Introduction to mentoring
• Understanding personal development
• Understanding customers
• Customer service and problem solving
• Effective working relationships with colleagues
• Understanding Health and Safety procedures
Awarding Body: NCFE
This course is delivered via Distance Learning. You will receive your own study pack, alongside
a dedicated tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. Your study packs comprise a
set of high-quality knowledge workbooks that are designed to help you learn independently
through a range of reflective activities. You will also receive an online assessment account where
you will document your evidence.
You must attend the Induction session before enrolling onto this course. Regular tutorials can be arranged if you require additional support.
You could progress onto other Distance Learning programmes such as:
• Level 1 Certificate in Digital Skills
• Level 2 Certificate in Customer Services
• Level 2 Certificate in Business Admin
Pathways to employment qualifications such as:
• Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
• Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT
Or an apprenticeship vacancy with an employer on a standard such as:
• Business Administration
• Customer Service
• Team Leading