Learners should be seeking to develop their knowledge and understanding of the Principles of caring for those with Dementia.
This is a Distance Learning course however you must attend an induction session before you can begin your studies.
Please note that whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the Principles of Caring for those with Dementia. It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
The qualification doesn’t infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in or towards a dementia care role.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care learners are required to
successfully complete 7 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Dementia Awareness
• Unit 02 The Person-Centred Aprroach to the Care and Support of Individuals with
• Unit 03 Understand the Factors that can Influence Communication and Interaction with
Individuals who have Dementia
• Unit 04 Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
• Unit 05 Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia using a
• Unit 06 Understand Behaviour in the Context of Dementia
• Unit 07 Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care
Awarding Body: CACHE
This course is delivered via Distance Learning. You will receive your own study pack, alongside a dedicated tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. Your study packs comprise a set of high-quality knowledge workbooks that are designed to help you learn independently through a range of reflective activities. You will also receive an online assessment account where you will document your evidence.
This is a Distance Learning programme, but you must attend the induction session. If you require additional support, tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
You could progress onto other Distance Learning programmes such as:
• Level 2 Certificate in Managing Medication
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Challenging Behaviour
• Level 2 Certificate in Autism Awareness
• Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and PREVENT
• Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity