Level 2 Certificate in the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care (Blended Learning)
The initial assessment/enrolment and awareness session is an opportunity to find out more about this course and study method and to ascertain if this is the right course and right level for you.
Although there are no formal entry requirements, we want to ensure that you receive the right level of support for your course and ensure you can discuss any concerns or learning needs.
The structure of this course includes classroom-based teaching as well as eportfolio assessment and online tools to support learning and assessment.
Access to PC / laptop or tablet will be required.
Classroom-based sessions x5 YMCA Conference Room North Shields
This qualification is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare or social care environment.
This qualification aims to help learners develop:
- A general understanding of different types of medication and their use
- Knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication
- An understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability.
- An understanding of the record-keeping process for medication.
This is a knowledge-based qualification; achievement will not allow learners to be considered occupationally competent in the administration of medication
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care is a Level 2 qualification, so a good standard of literacy is required.
Course is blended learning with a mixture of classroom-based learning and use of e-portfolio system, so learners need access to computer, laptop or tablet.
Open to learners 19+.
Awarding body: NCFE
Knowledge-based assessment to be completed via e-portfolio system.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand medication and prescriptions
- Unit 02 Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Unit 03 Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Unit 04 Record-keeping and audit processes for medication
Learners who achieve this qualification could chose further learning as part of
CPD such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Care Planning
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity & Safeguarding in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding & Prevent
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care