Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of Autism and the principles of supporting individuals with Autism. You must attend an Induction session before you can begin your studies.
Please note, whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
Your course may be free or discounted depending on your circumstances.
Please find out more.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Introduction to Autism
• Unit 02 Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with Autism
• Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with Autism
• Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with Autism
• Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with Autism
• Unit 06 Supporting individuals with Autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Awarding Body: NCFE
This course is delivered via Distance Learning. You will receive your own study pack, alongside a dedicated tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. Your study packs comprise a set of high-quality knowledge workbooks that are designed to help you learn independently through a range of reflective activities. You will also receive an online assessment account where you will document your evidence.
You must attend the Induction session. Regular tutorials can be arranged if you require additional support.
You could progress onto other Distance Learning programmes such as:
• Level 2 Certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
Or a standalone qualification such as a Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
Course Start Date(s)Monthly
Course Length14 weeks