Understanding Retail Operations
There are no entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level 2 in numeracy and literacy or equivalent. This course is suitable for anyone looking to work, or
currently working, within the retail industry at any level to gain a comprehensive understanding of the various operations of a retail organisation. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the retail industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where they study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed
- No exams just assessment
This is a Distance Learning course however you must attend an induction session before you can begin your studies.
Please note that whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
The UK retail industry is one of the largest private sector employers, yet experiences a higher than average staff turnover at 17% across the sector. With over 60 million customers making 320 million transactions per week, there is a constant need for workers with the knowledge and understanding to continue the success of the sector. This qualification focusses on improving various skills and knowledge to create a career pathway within the retail industry.
This course is split into eight manageable units, covering topics such as:
- Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- How teamwork contributes to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Understanding the control, receipt, and storage of stock.
This is a Distance Learning programme, but you must attend the induction session. If you require additional support, tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
You could progress onto other Distance Learning programmes such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Event Planning
- Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles for Digital Skills in Employment
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health