Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
You must attend an Induction session before you can begin your studies.
Please note, whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
Your course may be free or discounted depending on your circumstances.
Please find out more.
This qualification is designed for learners wishing to develop their understanding of the safe handling of medicines. They may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications, or learners who wish to study this programme in order to complement other studies.
This qualification aims to help learners develop:
• A general understanding of the different types of medication and their use
• Knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of medication
• An understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability
• An understanding of the record-keeping process for medication
This is a knowledge-based qualification; achievement will not allow learners to be considered occupationally competent in the administration of medication.
Awarding Body: CACHE
This course is delivered via Distance Learning. You will receive your own study pack, alongside a dedicated tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. Your study packs comprise a set of high-quality knowledge workbooks that are designed to help you learn independently through a range of reflective activities. You will also receive assessment booklets in which you can document and demonstrate your achievement of the associated learning outcomes.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand Medication and Prescriptions
• Unit 02 Supply, Storage and Disposal of Medication
• Unit 03 Understand the Requirements for the Safe Administration of Medication
• Unit 04 Record-keeping and Audit Processes for Medication
You must attend the induction session. Regular tutorials can be arranged if you require additional support.
You may wish to consider some of our other Distance Learning courses:
• Level 2 Certificate in Dementia
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
• Level 2 Certificate in Autism
• Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and PREVENT
• Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
Course Start Date(s)Monthly
Course Length9 weeks