Level 2 Food Safety
Learners wishing to enrol on this course should be able to work independently and have good communication, written and ICT skills.
This course provides an Introduction to Food Safety and will benefit anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served.
There are eight key areas of learning:
• The Law and Food Safety Management System
• Food Safety Hazards including Food Poisoning
• Refrigeration, Chilling and Cold Holding of Food
• Cooking, Hot Holding and Reheating Food
• Food Handling and Cross Contamination
• Principles of Safe Food Storage
• Food Premises and Equipment
The course book is included in the course fee.
Awarding Body: Highfield
One day course in Food Safety, with a short multiple-choice exam at the end. The exam is made up of 20 questions, with a pass rate of 13 out of 20.
One day course
09.00 – 18.00
You will be expected to attend for the full day and complete the exam.
SSWBA Hospitality and Catering Course.
We have a range of Distance Learning Courses that you may also be interested in, please visit our website for further information on our offerings.
Course Start Date(s)Various
Course Length1 day