Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to increase your knowledge and understanding of autism.
Achievement of this qualification will help support progression into a variety of job roles and occupational areas within health and social care, education or roles in other sectors which support individuals with autism.
The qualification will help you to understand:
- How to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism.
- The current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time.
- How to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism.
- The range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions.
- How to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism.
- How to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements.
Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism is available as a progression opportunity as part of our distance learning provision. This course is completed online, so learners need access to a computer, laptop or tablet.
Open to learners 19+
Please note that whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
Awarding body: NCFE
Assessment is knowledge-based only and you will complete online learning and answer a series of questions for each unit of the qualification.
To achieve this qualification, you will need to complete six mandatory units:
- Autism in context
- Positive behavioural support for individuals with autism
- Understand support and management of transitions for individuals with Autism.
- Therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions.
- Communication and social interaction with individuals with autism
- Safeguarding and resilience in autism
This course is part of our distance learning offer, you will receive submission due dates for all units. You must attend a virtual induction before you start your course. If you require additional support, tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
On completing the Level 3 Understanding Autism course you may wish to progress onto further distance learning courses. These courses give you an opportunity to specialise in other areas including:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Principles of End-of-Life Care
You may also be interested in some of our taught courses that can lead to employment in early years and schools.
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator)
• Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools