Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
Learners enrolling on this course must:
- Have completed the Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2 or the Award in Helping Skills Level 2
- Attend the Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory Level 3 Advice and Guidance Session. This may be an online session due to the global health issues at present.
This qualification is for people interested in using counselling skills in their main work role in a wide range of sectors, or for those hoping to continue their studies to achieve accredited counsellor status with one of the accrediting professional bodies.
The units cover:
- Developing Counselling skills
- Theoretical approaches in the use of Counselling skills.
- Working ethically and inclusively with Counselling skills.
- Using Counselling skills in a range of contexts.
- Counselling skills in personal development.
Your online portfolio of work is the only assessment requirement of the course. Your tutor will guide you during this time. The course is likely to be delivered in a Blended Learning model due to contemporary health concerns. This model consists of a mixture of online lessons and traditional classroom-based sessions.
Evidence for the online portfolio could include case studies, short assignments, reports, notes on the observation of counselling skills, records of professional discussions and journals. Learners will be set work to complete at home and must take responsibility for producing evidence for their portfolio.
Attainment of this Level 3 qualification provides a route to the Foundation Degree in Counselling after which you may seek British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accreditation as a fully-qualified Counsellor. You could also consider some of our Distance Learning courses.