Level 3 Principles of Dementia Care
This qualification allows you to gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia to support individuals diagnosed with dementia.
Achievement of this qualification will help support progression into a variety of job roles and occupational areas within health and social care, or roles in other sectors which support people with dementia.
This qualification aims to increase your knowledge of dementia. The qualification will help you to understand:
- Types of dementia and the importance of early diagnosis.
- Person-centered approaches in dementia care.
- The role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support.
- The use of medication to support individuals with dementia.
Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care is available as a progression opportunity. This course is available on our distance learning. This is completed online, so learners need access to computer, laptop or tablet.
Open to learners 19+
Please note that whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
This qualification has 7 mandatory units which must be completed.
Assessment is knowledge-based only and completed online on e-portfolio.
- Unit 01 Understanding dementia.
- Unit 02 Understand how person-centered approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia.
- Unit 03 Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support.
- Unit 04 Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care.
- Unit 05 Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support.
- Unit 06 Understand how to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights.
- Unit 07 Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia.
This course is part of our distance learning offer, you will receive submission due dates for all units. You must attend a virtual induction before you start your course. If you require additional support, tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following qualifications:
• Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (England)
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
Other distance learning courses give opportunities to specialise in other areas of care including:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of End-of-Life Care