Level 3 Principles of End-of-Life Care
This qualification is designed for anyone who is seeking to increase their knowledge of end-of-life care in a vocational setting. It is aimed at those working in the healthcare sector whose job description includes caring for those who have a life-limiting illness.
This qualification is also appropriate for those who have already achieved other sector-specific qualifications in the healthcare sector who need to apply their understanding in a palliative care context.
This qualification aims to:
- Provide learners with a definition of end-of-life care.
- Explore common questions and themes in end-of-life care.
- Inform learners of the range of possible approaches to end-of-life care.
- Provide learners with an understanding of how to support a person’s spiritual, social and emotional needs.
- Prepare the learner to confront issues of death and bereavement.
Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End-of-Life Care is available as a progression opportunity. This course is available on our distance learning. This is completed online, so learners need access to computer, laptop or tablet.
Open to learners 19+
Please note that whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you choose to withdraw from the course.
Awarding body: NCFE
This qualification has 5 mandatory units which must be completed.
Assessment is knowledge-based only and completed online on e-portfolio.
- Understanding end-of-life care
- Communication during end-of-life care
- Assessment and care planning in end-of-life care
- Person-centred approaches to end-of-life care
- Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care.
This course is part of our distance learning offer, you will receive submission due dates for all units. You must attend a virtual induction before you start your course. If you require additional support, tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following qualifications:
• Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (England)
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
Other distance learning courses give opportunities to specialise in other areas
of care including:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care