Level 3 Understanding Mental Health
This qualification allows you to gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of mental health and mental wellbeing to support individuals with mental health problems.
Achievement of this qualification will help support progression into a variety of job roles and occupational areas within health and social care, or roles in other sectors which support people with mental health problems.
The qualification will help you to understand:
- Mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved.
- How to support mental wellbeing through various stages of life.
- Mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health.
- The skills required to work in the mental health service.
Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health is available as a progression opportunity. This course is available on our distance learning. This is completed online, so learners need access to computer, laptop or tablet.
Open to learners 19+
Please note that whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you
choose to withdraw from the course.
Awarding body: NCFE
Assessment is knowledge-based only and you will complete online learning and answer a series of questions for each unit of the qualification.
To achieve this qualification, you’ll need to complete all five mandatory units:
- Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing
- Promotion of mental health and wellbeing
- Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
- Understanding mental ill health
- Working in mental health.
This course is part of our distance learning offer, you will receive submission due dates for all units. You must attend a virtual induction before you start your course. If you require additional support, tutorials can be arranged either face to face, over the telephone or by email.
This is the only Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health offered by us and it supports progression from Level 2 Mental Health qualifications.
Other distance learning courses give opportunities to specialise in other areas of care including:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Principles of End-of-Life Care