Microbytes Excel Spreadsheets Level 2
Spreadsheet Skills Level 2 can help you develop to a high level, the practical ICT skills you need to use technology in life and in the modern workplace. You’ll develop your ICT skills, gaining a better understanding of spreadsheet software and gaining confidence in using IT. Successful completion of the course will demonstrate your ability to understand and use spreadsheet software at a level equivalent to GCSE.
The material in the Level 2 course is designed for those who work with Excel in the workplace and wish to improve their skills. Learners will develop practical skills and knowledge to an intermediate level.
The objective of this qualification is to enable learners to develop spreadsheet skills to enable a more effective use of Excel to meet the requirements of the modern business environment.
The topics covered:
Creating and editing
- Create and format a multiple-sheet spreadsheet document
- Use conditional formatting
Control page layout
- Use scaling to fit data to a single page print
- Set repeating column headers for multiple page prints
- Set print areas
- Use advanced functions such as SUMIF to add selected data and 3D sum to calculate from multiple sheets, and logical tests such as IF
- Use absolute cell references and named cells in calculations
- Use fill options including series and dates
- Use sort and filter options
- Link data from multiple worksheets and use linked data in calculations.
This course is a suitable progression from a level 1 course or for anyone with a good
working knowledge of Excel. You should also have a minimum of Level 2 English skills.
Please note that this course uses Windows 10 and Office 2019.
You will carry out a range of activities to build up the skills introduced during the course, and build a portfolio of work that will be assessed by your tutor. You will receive a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
1 x 3-hour session per week for 10 weeks
You will be required to attend at least 90% of your course to successfully complete all course work and gain the
knowledge expected at level 2.
Excel Spreadsheets Level 2 will build on your knowledge and skills and equip you with many skills necessary to meet the demands of the modern workplace and will prepare you for progression on to another Level 2 course such as PowerPoint Skills or Word Processing Skills, or the TQUK IT User Skills qualification which is available as a
distance learning or in-class qualification.