Microbytes PowerPoint Level 2
PowerPoint Skills Level 2 can help you develop to a high level, the practical ICT skills you need to use technology in the modern workplace. You’ll develop your ICT skills and learn how to apply them in multiple situations, will gain a better understanding of presentation software and gain confidence in using IT. Successful completion of the course will demonstrate your ability to understand and use presentation software at a level equivalent to GCSE.
Digital Skills and word processing knowledge are more important than ever. This course will enable you to develop your word processing skills to a higher level to enable you to work more efficiently and to improve your effectiveness in the skills required for employment within an office-based environment.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable learners to:
- Develop IT skills and the ability to meet the requirements of the modern business environment
- Develop presentation skills to enable a more effective use of PowerPoint
- Apply PowerPoint presentation skills effectively across a range of different scenarios.
The topics covered:
Creating and editing
- Use MS PowerPoint 2019 presentation software to enter, edit, format, and layout information (including text, tables, graphics, charts) for a range of purposes and audiences.
- Use editing techniques to enhance slide backgrounds and images
- Use smart art to create cycle charts and hierarchy charts
- Hide slides from slideshow view
- Use action buttons to link to hidden slides
- Save a self-running PowerPoint show
- Use slide master to control layouts (eg to add a logo to all slides or format text styles).
- Embed video and music in a presentation
- Apply settings to trim music and video files
- Apply settings to play music across all slides
- Link YouTube videos into a presentation
- Apply animation effects to images and text, including sound effects
- Apply slide transitions and timings
- Loop a presentation to play until escape
- Use laser pointer and highlighter options
This course is a suitable progression from a level 1 course or for anyone with a good working knowledge of PowerPoint. You should also have a minimum of Level 2 English skills.
Please note that this course uses Windows 10 and Office 2019.
You will carry out a range of activities to build up the skills introduced during the course, and build a portfolio of work that will be assessed by your tutor. You will receive a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
1 x 3 hour session per week for 10 weeks.
You will be required to attend at least 90% of your course to successfully complete all course work and gain the
knowledge expected at level 2.
PowerPoint Level 2 will build on your knowledge and skills and equip you with many skills necessary to meet the demands of the modern workplace, and will prepare you for progression on to another Level 2 course such Excel Spreadsheet Skills or Word Processing Skills, or the TQUK IT User Skills qualification which is available as a
distance learning or in-class qualification.