Microbytes Word Processing Level 2
Word Processing Skills Level 2 can help you develop to a high level, the practical ICT skills you need to use technology in life and in the modern workplace. You’ll develop your ICT skills and learn how to apply them in multiple situations, will gain a better understanding of word processing software and gain confidence in using IT.
Successful completion of the course will demonstrate your ability to understand and use word processing software at a level equivalent to GCSE.
Digital Skills and word processing knowledge are more important than ever. This course will enable you to develop your word processing skills to a higher level to enable you to work more efficiently and to improve your effectiveness in the skills required for employment within an office-based environment.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable learners to:
- Develop IT skills and the ability to meet the requirements of the modern business environment
- Develop word processing skills to enable a more effective use of Word
The topics covered:
Creating and editing
- Use MS Word 2019 word processing software to enter, edit, format, and layout information (including text, tables, graphics, charts) for a range of purposes and audiences.
- Use editing techniques to enhance an image
- Create a batch of letters that are personalised to each recipient by linking the letter to an address list
- Create, edit and format at table using advanced options such as cell merging/cell splitting, repeating header rows, and preventing rows from splitting when a table is split over multiple pages
- Apply a watermark to pages
Combine and link information from multiple sources
- Link data or charts from a spreadsheet
- Add headers and footers including automatic date and filename, and different first page
- Margins, tabs and indents
- Line spacing
- Understanding default page layouts.
This course is a suitable progression from a level 1 course or for anyone with a good working knowledge of Word. You should also have a minimum of Level 2 English skills.
Please note that this course uses Windows 10 and Office 2019.
You will carry out a range of activities to build up the skills introduced during the course, and build a portfolio of work that will be assessed by your tutor. You will receive a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the course.
1 x 3 hour session per week for 10 weeks
You will be required to attend at least 90% of your course to successfully complete all course work and gain the
knowledge expected at level 2.
Word Processing Level 2 will build on your knowledge and skills and equip you with many skills necessary to meet the demands of the modern workplace and will prepare you for progression on to another Level 2 qualification such Excel