Mindfulness Taster & Introduction
No previous experience or qualifications are required.
The Taster session is a free session for learners to find out a little more about mindfulness, meet the tutor and to see if the course is for them.
The Mindfulness Introduction allows you to practice and understand this key idea which is becoming increasingly important in contemporary therapy and life skills.
On this brief course you will learn to:
• Let go and reduce stress and anxiety
• Enjoy the world around us more and understand ourselves better
• Experience things afresh that we may have come to take for granted
• Stop being controlled by repetitive negative thinking patterns
• Celebrate the present rather than regretting the past or fearing the future
• Understand the basics of Buddhism and Eastern spirituality and meet the ‘Happiest man in the world!’
Mindfulness serves as a very good introduction to the skills and techniques used in Counselling. Candidates could therefore progress to the Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2. From here you could move to the Level 3 and then to a HE Diploma in Counselling Skills which would allow you to work as a fully qualified paid Counsellor.
You do not need any previous knowledge of Mindfulness, Counselling or any forms of Spirituality to undertake this course.
You will complete class activities and worksheets as evidence of your understanding of Mindfulness and its practical applications
Course Start Date(s)Various
Course Length4 weeks