NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism – covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Learners must be aged 19 and over.
You must attend an Induction session before you can begin your studies.
Please note whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you chose to withdraw
from the course.
Your course may be free or discounted depending on your circumstances.
Please find out more.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners are required to
successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Introduction to autism
• Unit 02 Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
• Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
• Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
• Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
• Unit 06 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
Assessment Awarding body: CACHE
This course is delivered via distance learning. You will receive your own study pack, alongside a dedicated tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. Your study packs comprise a set of high quality knowledge workbooks that are designed to help you learn independently through a range of reflective activities. You will also receive assessment
booklets in which you can document and demonstrate your achievement of the associated learning outcomes.
You must attend the Induction session.
There will be a drop in workshop half way through your studies if you wish to access this for additional support.
Other Distance Learning Programmes such as:
• Level 2 in Understanding Behaviour that challenges.
• Level 2 Certificate Children & Young People’s Mental Health
Or Standalone qualifications such as – Level 2 Certificate in Counseling Skills.
Course Start Date(s)Monthly
Course Length20 Weeks