NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and health
Learners must be aged 19 and over.
Please note whilst the course is free, there is a £50 withdrawal fee if you chose to withdraw
from the course.
Your course may be free or discounted depending on your circumstances.
Please find out more.
Learners undertaking this qualification will gain an understanding of:
• Increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• Increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• Provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
• Provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• Provide information on eating disorders
• Increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
• Increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home environment.
Assessment Awarding body: CACHE
This course is delivered via distance learning. You will receive your own study pack, alongside a dedicated tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. Your study packs comprise a set of high-quality knowledge workbooks that are designed to help you learn independently through a range of reflective activities. You will also receive assessment booklets in which you can document and demonstrate your achievement of the associated learning outcomes.
Course Start Date(s)Monthly
Course Length20 Weeks