Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare
You must attend a Childminder Briefing session before attending this course and have attended the Introduction session. You must also have completed and returned the Initial Assessment form.
This qualification prepares you to set up as a registered childminder.
You will learn about:
• Current relevant legislation
• How to establish a safe and healthy environment for children
• How to support the safeguarding and welfare of children
• How day to day care routines promote children’s well-being
• How to work in partnership with parents and others to support children
• Children’s learning and behaviour in relation to their development
• The value of play
• The role of observation
• How to lead and manage a home-based childcare setting
• How to comply with financial and taxation requirements when setting up your business
• How to create a business plan
• How to register with Ofsted
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
This course will be delivered virtually. You will be given access to an e-portfolio system which will hold a diverse range of learning materials to guide you through your studies. You will also engage in regular virtual classes over Teams. You will need access to Wi-Fi and either a laptop, computer, or tablet. You will not be able to complete the course on a smart phone. To complete the course, you will develop an e-portfolio. You will complete short assignments, tasks, case studies and question and answer tasks.
12 weeks although you can complete more quickly if able to.
Whilst this course is largely self-study, you will be supported with virtual sessions approximately every 3-4 weeks. Regular tutorials are available if you require
any additional support.
Although it does not provide direct progression, the subjects covered make a useful introduction to Early Years Educator qualifications.
You must have a Paediatric First Aid Certificate before registration as a Childminder
Course Start Date(s)Termly
Course Length12 weeks