Team Leader Apprenticeship
In order to enrol on this course, you must be in paid employment that allows you to progress to one of the following roles: team leader; section leader; floor manager; helpdesk manager; trainee supervisor; team co-ordinator which will ensure it fits the requirements of the apprenticeship. You will attend a monthly remote hub session to support the completion of your apprenticeship. You will need to have 5 good GCSE’s and/or level 2 equivalent qualification including maths and English. You will be assessed before starting the programme to ensure you have the correct enrolment requirements.
You will learn knowledge, behaviours and skills through a blended learning approach, consisting of group training sessions, digital learning and tutorials carried out in the workplace.
- With coaching and support from your employer and your tutor, you will apply the knowledge, behaviours and skills to your organisation’s standards and to your Team Leader role
- Managing people and developing relationships
- Communicate work-related information
- Lead and manage a team
- Principles of team leading
- Delivering Results
- Equality and diversity
- Managing conflict within a team
- Developing flexibility, professionalism and responsibility
- Personal effectiveness
- Your end point assessment will include a knowledge test, competency-based interview and a professional discussion relating to CPD activity.
Further information can be found here:
Your knowledge, skills and behaviours will be assessed at the end of your apprenticeship, by a presentation and professional discussion based on your portfolio of evidence.
You will be working in a management environment receiving on the job coaching and training in the workplace and will attend the training centre for monthly training sessions in leading a team and, if required, weekly sessions in functional skills. You will be using digital learning materials and will be required to complete tasks and upload these to your e-portfolio, during allocated off the job training. This training will all be during your contracted hours of work.
What else do I need to know?
The course will extend your knowledge, skills and abilities, which in turn will enhance your career prospects enabling you to be a valuable part of any business. All training materials will be provided at the training centre.
You could move on to an Associate Project Manager apprenticeship.