Unlocking Your Potential
For more information or to enrol please speak to your Work Coach who can arrange an appointment at your local Job Centre with an Adult Learning Service Advisor.
Your journey to find work will need preparation to be successful. This course has a relaxed atmosphere and will improve your self-confidence when looking for work.
It will help you:
• Gain confidence when meeting a new group of people for the first time and improve your social skills
• Find courses to help you progress in your chosen employment
• Locate different opportunities that could be available to you
• Identify your strengths, weaknesses, and personal goals
• Identify various job roles across different sectors
• Match your skills and abilities to potential opportunities
• Explore your work expectations
• Action plan for your future.
Awarding Body: City & Guilds
You will take units of an employability qualification which will require some reading and writing to complete unit worksheets. It is very important that you declare at enrolment if you suffer from any learning difficulty or disability so that relevant support may be provided by tutors.
This two-day course is held in rotation at following venues:
• YMCA, North Shields
• Segedunum, Wallsend
• White Swan, Killingworth
Course times & Attendance
You are expected to arrive promptly at 9:30am and will finish at 16:00pm. Learners must attend 100% of the course. A copy of the register is sent to your JCP work coach to confirm your attendance.
You can progress onto a Steering to Success course which will develop your confidence in an interview, or you may like to study on an English, Maths or ICT course that focuses on work related skills and leads to a Functional Skills qualification. Your tutor will work with you throughout this course to give you guidance on a course of action suitable for your progression route towards employment.
Information on all courses is available via the Adult Learning Service, just speak to your tutor
or contact our service on 0191 643 2288.