Teaching Assistant Level 2 Certificate
• Have attended an Advice, Guidance and Interview session
• Have a placement at a school or college of at least one day a week, working with children/young people aged five or over.
• Have the agreement of the school or college to help you collect the evidence you need for assessment (see below)
• Have a current DBS (we can support you with this).
You will develop an understanding of and demonstrate competence in the Teaching Assistant’s role of supporting the teacher in relation to pupil learning, especially literacy and numeracy skills.
This will include:
• Child development
• Pupil learning
• The legal and national requirements of equal opportunities, special educational needs, health and safety and safeguarding procedures.
Included within this qualification is an Award in Personal and Social Development. You will gather evidence for this as you build your portfolio of evidence (see below).
Awarding Body: NCFE CACHE
You will complete an E-Portfolio of evidence which will hold all assessments completed. You will be assessed using a variety of methods, such as:
• Observations of you working with children or young people
• Reflective accounts
• Professional discussion
• And many more
It is expected that you will spend around twelve hours a week including school placement, workshops, and independent work from home. You will need the support and approval of your workplace.
You can usually complete the course within 12 months.
There are 12-14 taught sessions every 2-3 weeks where you will be provided with the underpinning knowledge. You will also receive regular individual tutorials with your tutor.
You need to volunteer in a school for a minimum of 1 day every week.
You will be able to move onto the Diploma in Specialist Support in Schools Level 3. You may also want to consider some of our Distance Learning courses.
Course Start Date(s)Various
Course Length12 months